Sunday, September 11, 2011

Foto Funday {week 37 | 2011}

CariCruse_AmericanaSalute_USFlag_Vga

Before I get into this week’s photos, I have to take a moment to acknowledge the deep, deep meaning of today, September 11th … Ten years ago this morning I got a call from my brother on the East Coast – something “strange” was going on with planes crashing into buildings & I should turn on my news. Not long after, my husband came rushing home from his job at the highway department and grabbed his reserve deputy equipment, then he rushed off to the Sheriff’s Office to stand by in case this crisis spread to our side of the nation. I cancelled my sons’ homeschooling classes for the day, and we spent the day learning history as it unfolded on our television. My sons were 13 and 15 at the time. We prayed mightily that day for our nation, and for Dad as he went to report for duty. We cried. We wondered. We swelled with even more love and patriotism for our nation than we’d already had.

Now, ten years later, we still pray, we shed tears, we still wonder at the terribleness of it. And still we hold our heads high and proclaim our love for this nation of ours, this United States of America. May God bless America!

CariCruse_AmericanaSalute_USFlag_VgaCariCruse_AmericanaSalute_USFlag_VgaCariCruse_AmericanaSalute_USFlag_VgaCariCruse_AmericanaSalute_USFlag_VgaCariCruse_AmericanaSalute_USFlag_Vga

:: FOTO FUNDAY ::

A solitary dandelion stands resolutely in the front yard.

2011-09-11-06-31-31-ccweb

My little smiling scarecrow, all bundled up for autumn.

2011-09-08-07-23-50-ccweb

Lots of turkeys hanging around this week – here’s a crowd at the back feeder, scratching cracked corn from the ground. Smile

2011-09-08-09-19-00-ccweb

Jim got this shot of a garter snake sliding off the waterfall in our pond – love how he caught the water pouring down the snake & running off its chin!

2011-09-08-13-47-30-ccweb

Bumblebees and sunflowers, ahh how I love thee! Smile

2011-09-09-08-45-50-ccweb

The pasture out front is golden and beautiful.

2011-09-09-09-54-18-ccweb

All in one morning this week we had two different friends drop by with pickups full of firewood for us, and one of them brought these lovely treats from their garden.

2011-09-09-12-21-39-ccweb

2011-09-09-12-22-20-ccweb

I love woodpeckers and enjoyed listening to this fellow peck out a beat on the electric pole in the yard. Smile

2011-09-10-09-56-39-ccweb

May you have a marvelous day!

Blessings to you!

`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· Cari `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·

CariCreates! Designs by Cari Cruse 

My Digi Shop My Blog Join my Facebook Page Follow me on Twitter

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis