Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hi-Ho Trigger!

2011-06-28-22-35-05-GC-Bloo

Today I am trying something new. I’m playing along with the Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World’s blog! I really enjoyed the challenge of creating a card based simply on the inspiration of this week’s Trigger, which looks like this:

Here is how I was inspired by the original compared to how I applied the concept in my version:

yellow : yellow

doily : doily

color block : ribbon

vase with flowers : flowerpot with topiary

one-word sentiment : one-word sentiment (with lightened sentiment added)

sunshine : flower

Now for the supplies, breakout photos and simplified instructions …

Bloom Card

Supplies: White cardstock; Patterned paper from Remake Earth Browns Mat Pad by K & Company; Antique Linen Distress Ink from Tim Holtz by Ranger; White doilie; Stickers from Marjolein Bastin’s Nature’s Sketchbook by Stickeroni (Hallmark); Green twill ribbon; Cream flower from Boutique Fleur by Recollections

2011-06-28-21-54-59-GC-Bloo

Make card from white cardstock; ink edges.

2011-06-28-22-10-34-GC-Bloo

Cut patterned paper; ink & distress edges. Adhere.

2011-06-28-22-09-26-GC-Bloo

Trim & ink doily; adhere.

2011-06-28-21-58-29-GC-Bloo

Attach ribbon & flower.

2011-06-28-21-55-34-GC-Bloo

Mat stickers with patterned paper. Distress & adhere.

And here is a lovely card ready to share:

2011-06-28-22-30-00-GC-Bloo

2011-06-28-22-35-05-GC-Bloo

:: IN OTHER NEWS :: Winking smile

I totally have to give a shout out to the Lily Pad blog today -– if for no other reason, I must simply because I Red heartloveRed heart frogs, and they have a marvelous little froggy fellow on their blog, Frederick DuPonde! lol! But, I also want to send you all over there to enter in their drawing for a fantastic package of stamps! Open-mouthed smileI became a Member of Lily Pad Cards today! Go become a member for a chance to win a collection of Hero Arts stamps. Contest closes at 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, July 15!

Blessings to you! Open-mouthed smile

`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· Cari `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·

CariCreates! Designs by Cari Cruse 

My Digi Shop My Blog Join my Facebook Page Follow me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Your card is BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for showing how you did it.:)
    I joined Mojo Monday blog a couple of months ago with a few friends.It's really fun and inspiring.:)Thanks for the link to Lily Pad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cari! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note folks - I love reading them! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis