Sunday, August 2, 2009

Backup Tip: Windows Live Mail

I am busy backing up all my files today as I prepare to move everything to a new computer. I always find this a bit nerve-racking as I have, in the past, sometimes overlooked certain “lesser” files that later I wished I still had. So I go over and over my computer, trying to be sure I haven’t missed anything. To be honest, I almost overlooked backing up my mail programs. Once I realized I needed to get that done, I then had to figure out the best method for doing so. One mail program I use is Windows Live Mail. It is only slightly different from Vista’s Windows Mail which replaced Outlook Express. The help files in this program do not offer any real help. So I googled. The information I found was presented so clearly and accurately that I thought I would share it here for others to bookmark or save for their own future reference.

How To Backup Windows Live Mail Accounts, Contacts and Messages

And now I’m off to finish picking through my files and backing them up! Enjoy your day!

CariCruse-PGD_Blinkie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis